Technical Support Engineer
As the Technical Support Engineer, you will be working in a fast-paced environment working with the Innovation, Product Management, and Customer Success team to improve customers’ experience with our solution and deliver efficiency and scalability in how Aircuity supports its customers. This will be obtained through improved project delivery processes, hardware and software enhancements, and the creation of new software-based tools. The ideal candidate possesses strong organizational, computer, prioritization, and collaboration skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure all jobs meet Aircuity standards for start-up and performance by refining standard processes and managing compliance of start-up technicians through the entire installation and commissioning process through handoff to the customer. Proactively engage with reps directly at critical project touchpoints to ensure compliance and adequate support within rep org and by Aircuity
- Where logical, work to automate as much as possible to eliminate manual work and opportunity for errors / variability in process execution.
- Refine and maintain Aircuity’s support infrastructure and communications portal to further equip and empower reps and reduce demand for direct telephone support. This includes creating new and edit existing support content.
- Design out level 1 and 2 support calls through hardware and software improvements specifically targeting high volume incidents,
- Identify and organize level 3 issues. Championing the process by prioritizing them and coordinate with Product Manager on how to solve and deploy solution as well as design these issues out where practical.
- Act as front-line interface with sales representatives, troubleshooting operational and technical issues over the phone and via email, while documenting and categorizing each issue with respect to issue level, product category, time spent and doing so in a timely manner.
- Perform weekly audit of Monitoring Dashboard completed tickets to report on and identify most common or repetitive resolutions and work with other team members to design out by means of enhancements to system (software / hardware), improved accessibility of support content, training enhancements, etc.
- Improve monitoring dashboard’s effectiveness by creating / refining linkages to relevant support material for quick, logical, and effective troubleshooting help.
|Accuracy and Detail Oriented
||Is precise and accurate and pays attention to the details to ensure high quality.
||Develops and fosters strong relationships with internal customers (team) and delivers exceptional results; develops capability to please customers repeatedly. Able to work independently from the team on a regular basis as well.
||Shares information and keeps co-workers and team abreast of issues as needed; communicates clearly and effectively in writing, on phone, and in person. Diligent in communicating and following up with internal and external customers.
||Analyzes problems, identifies probable cause, research, and design solutions. Is committed to finding the best answer within time constraints.
||Tackles opportunities to improve the quality of processes, products, and service to customers (internal and external) through ongoing refinements in response to continuous feedback; emphasizes the importance of quality, organization, and excellence in the organization.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- BSME degree or similar.
- 5+ years of prior project management and process improvement
- Understanding of HVAC fundamentals with critical environment or lab experience a plus.
- Familiarity of BACnet and other BMS system protocols
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Normal working environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.