Position Title: Calibration Technician
Reports To: Calibration Lab Manager
As the Calibration Technician, you will be working in a fast-paced environment working with the production team performing product calibration and testing. Emphasis will be on quality, and the ideal candidate will have the ability to work as part of a team, have attention to detail and be diligent to maintain compliance with procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Calibration, maintenance and repair of the sensors in the Aircuity product line:
-Applying gas and material mixtures to a variety of sensors, recording the measurement output and creating calibration equations.
-Detailed sensor performance data logging and reporting is required.
-Recalibration will require changing parameters to restore the sensor performance to its original values. Repair and cleaning of the sensors may be required.
-Troubleshoot defective sensors. May require circuit analysis and signal tracing to the component level using schematics, data sheets, and bench level meters and scopes.
- Submit Summary reports on a regular basis in addition to performing to meet the production schedule.
- Assembled PC board testing, troubleshooting, and repairing (test equipment is typically bench top signal generators, power supplies, oscilloscopes, and DMM’s. A PC interface is typically required to monitor the activity of the unit under test.)
- Data collection
- Accuracy and Detail Oriented: Is precise and accurate and pays attention to the details to ensure high quality.
- Team Orientation: Develops and fosters strong relationships with internal customers (team), and delivers exceptional results; develops capability to please customers repeatedly. Able to work independently from the team on a regular basis as well.
- Communication: Shares information and keeps co-workers and team abreast of issues as needed; communicates clearly and effectively in writing, on phone, and in person. Diligent in communicating and following up with internal and external customers.
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems, identifies probable cause, researches and designs solutions. Is committed to finding the best answer within time constraints.
- Quality: Tackles opportunities to improve the quality of processes, products, and service to customers (internal) through ongoing refinements in response to continuous feedback; emphasizes the importance of quality, organization, and excellence in the organization.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 1 – 3 years experience in electro-mechanical test and calibration.
- Education or experience with ASET/EE, analog electronics, communications a plus.
- Course studies in chemistry, physics, and digital electronics a plus.
Electronic skills preferred:
- Circuit diagnosis and repair
- Familiarity with DMM, oscilloscope, power supplies, and signal generators
- Proven ability to work accurately and quickly with minimal supervision, following written documentation.
- Solid capabilities as computer user including Microsoft Access, Excel and Word.
- High energy and willingness to accept various assignments, complete tasks, and have flexibility in an open-structured, dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to safely lift material weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Laboratory environment.